Job Searching in the Sciences
Our graduates have been very successful in finding rewarding jobs in the sciences. However, finding these jobs requires significant effort. This page will provide some resources to get your started and describe some steps that you should be taking. If you are a senior and would like to start working the summer after graduation you should be spending significant time in your search during your senior spring semester. Your junior year is a great time to be searching for opportunities to educate yourself on the options out there. How should you start?
- Use online job search engines like Indeed.com and Ohio Means Jobs
- Make an appointment to meet with Ashland's Career Services Center.
- Make good use of your time in Bio 301 - Professional Prep to do career exploration and prepare a solid resume and cover letter
- Start and continue to use a LinkedIn profile and your network
- Join our LinkedIn AU science alumni group
- Attend career fairs at AU and those hosted by BioOhio
- Talk to your faculty advisor
- Look into job placement services like Aerotek and Solutions Staffing.
- Read the Ashland Science News blog to hear what AU science alumni are doing. You can ask your faculty advisor for their contact information so that you can network with alumni. They will be happy to talk with you.